Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Just Hide
In Frankie Lennon's Mee Street Chronicles: Straight Up Stories of a Black Woman's Life "Fever", I felt the fear within the two lovers. I see the narrator fall in love with a woman who loved her back, sometimes. I was angry with how the two dealt with the situation in which they came to a conclusion that they had to hide away from society in order to love each other. They loved each other affectionately and passionately behind doors, but when in the public eye their love was kept a secret. The narrator and Stacey isolated their love from society by dating other men out of fear. However, when the two are alone and act spontaneously toward one another is where I saw the love and infatuation they had for each other. I understand that at the time it was hard to be a black woman, but with the narrator's situation she had something else to struggle with, being lesbian. As a result, hiding it is how the two felt safe and hiding it killed the narrator inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment